Monday, July 23, 2007

Soon I Will Be Invincible


We ordered a few copies of the novel, "Soon I will Be Invincible" by Austin Grossman, since it's a super hero story and they did a lot of PR for it.

I have not read it yet, but KellyAnn said she really enjoyed it -- finishing it right before Harry Potter Deathly Hallows came out.

Today it was quickly reviewed by Rich Johnston on Lying in the Gutters:

No not that book. "Soon I Will Be Invincible," a new novel by Austin Grossman available shortly in hardback from Penguin. With a Bryan Hitch cover.

The story of two superpeople, a new member of a JLA/Avengers style team and an old super villain working on his new plan. "Squadron Supreme" Meets "Watchmen" Meets "Astro City" Meets All The Other Attempts To Tinge Superhero Stories With A Little World Realism.

Still if you like "Astro City" and don't mind words (you beat yourself through a whole column to get this far), you'll like this.

Not exactly going to set the literary world on fire, but then it's better than Jennings The Wizard.


Karen Healey also liked it.

I do plan to read it eventually! If you have more free time than me, then check it out for yourself.

No comments: