Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What you've Been Waiting For

Welcome once again to my weekly installment of "What You've Been Waiting For." If you're new to this segment, here's how it works...

I look at my invoice and compare current issues coming in with their previous issues. Anything we get in that has gone over 7 weeks between issues ends up here. Some of these are late, some are designed with a longer gap between issues. Either way, the readers of those comics have been waiting a while to get their next installment.

This week the list is shockingly small - only two comics. There were a couple more that might have qualified, but I didn't have them accurately accounted for on my spread sheet, so to be fair, I didn't include them.

New Avengers Illuminati must be an every-other month book. New Avengers Illuminati #4 (Marvel) comes out this week, and the previous issue came out 2 months back - on May 31st. So, I don't think it's late, it just takes a while between issues.

And the other comic on my list this week - now this one has gone a LONG time between issues - a year in fact. Oz Wonderland Chronicles #2 hits shelves this week, and based on my spread sheet, the first issue came out back on 8/2/06. We did order it in May of this year, so based on that it's not technically late - but what would cause a year lag between issues?

What I'm reading...

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #12
BLACK CANARY #3 (OF 4)
CLOCKWORK GIRL #0
COUNTDOWN 39
DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #7 (OF 7)
FIRST BORN #1 (OF 3)
HEWOES #1
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #8
METAL MEN #1 (OF 8)
MIGHTY AVENGERS #4
NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI #4
NEW WARRIORS #3
SUPERGIRL #20
THOR #2
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY #9
WORLD WAR HULK #3 (OF 5)

There are several new series that looked good in the Previews, so I'm looking forward to checking them out. Clockworkgirl especially, and I think Hewoes will be funny.

Everyone should pick up Supergirl #20. They are trying, once again, to "fix" this series, and I think the new artist is on the right track. If you click on the link I have in the list it will take you to an interview with the writer, Tony Bedard, about the new direction.

No comments: