Saturday, March 08, 2008

Where Did Lisa Go?

Craig has been hearing that question, or something similar, quite a bit over the last 30 days. I was hesitant to blog about it, not wanting anyone to freak out and stop shopping at the store. But Craig's been doing a great job, along with the help of Kelly Ann, at running our great comic book store without my daily presence. So I decided it's time to let people know where Lisa went.


Because of increasing expenses - especially car payments and the increasing costs of health insurance (as business owners we were paying for this completely out of our own pocket) I decided that our lives would be a LOT less stressful if one of us got a full time job outside of the store. My mom has worked for US Bank for over 17 years now and has always enjoyed her job, and often told me I should try to get a job there too. At the end of 2007 I decided to apply at a couple of branches, and in early February I began working as a banker at US Bank, in the big building on the lakefront in downtown Milwaukee (pictured). My job takes some pressure off of the store, so that we can save up some money to either move or expand our store. It also takes pressure off of us because with my income from the bank and Craig's from the store we now make a healthier income - so now I can pay all of our bills and not become so stressed out that I can't sleep and argue with Craig. Some people were worried when they found out that I'd left the store - but no one should be. Craig and Kelly Ann are very capable people. While I do miss everyone horribly I know that it is the best thing, not just for Craig and I, but also for the long term health of the store. Just ask Craig - I'm happier than I've been in a while.


I will be at the store from time to time. I was just at the store for a few hours on Wednesday night, and usually work at least one day during the weekends. And, if you want to say "hi" feel free to visit me at the bank. As a banker I can help with checking and savings accounts plus US Bank has really great loan rates now, so if you're buying a car or doing some spring remodeling or just need some extra spending cash give me a call or stop by and I'd be glad to help you out. If you don't want to go downtown I can do some stuff over the phone too (414-765-4629) and then when it's time to sign paperwork I've got an "excuse" to come out to Waukesha.


Thanks again to everyone who visits Neptune Comics! I think of all of you often and look forward to seeing you again (even if it's not until Free Comic Book Day when I'll see some of you). Craig and I always talk about what happenes at the store every day and who came in, so I don't feel too out of touch yet.

No comments: