Friday, May 09, 2008

Oconocon Sketches

As many of you know the 1st Oconocon was this past Sunday. Something that I have been slowly getting into is getting sketches from artist that are at these Cons or come to the store for a signing. Well this Sunday I got 2 new sketches for my book, and I thought I would share them with all of you.

The first one is a head sketch of Wolverine done by Mr. Andy Parks. I told him to draw someone that he is not sick and tired of drawing. He chose Wolverine. Thanks to Andy for the time.


Second sketch is done by good friend of Neptune Comics Mike Norton. Mike just came out with Green Arrow/Black Canary #7, and will be also working on DC weekly series 'Trinity' this next year. Be sure to check it out. So to get him warmed up I needed some DC character sketch. Totally forgot that he just got GA/BC I told him I would like a Green Arrow sketch. Here is what he did:




I love both works by these 2 very nice guys. Thanks Andy and Mike!

Craig

2 comments:

John Holland said...

My friend Terry Pavlet was at the con, at least I think he was. I haven't talked to him a week or so, but I know he was advertised to be there.

Lisa said...

Yep, Terry was there, along with one of his daughters. We talked to him before the show for a while. I do have a picture of his booth in my Flickr photos - but he wasn't there when I took it.