Saturday, March 10, 2007

Time Travel


"I have invented a machine that can move time. I will call it, a Time Machine." --Stewie Griffin

Tonight/Tomorrow we are all shifting to Daylight Savings Time (well, except maybe for Indiana--I think they don't change clocks). It seems earlier than usual, doesn't it? Well, that's because it is. Usually we switch over the First Sunday in April and back in October.

It seems that the government, not quite happy with the power they've already got over us, has decided to try to control time as well. They passed 2005 Federal Energy Policy Act, and one component of this was turning clocks ahead sooner and keeping them ahead later in the year. I guess they think it will help save energy--except that now I'll have to turn on my bedroom and bathroom lights when I wake up to get ready to go to work, where last week I didn't.

But seriously, don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour tonight. Otherwise you're going to look pretty silly when you show up for church an hour late on Sunday morning.

No comments: