Monday, May 14, 2007

Comic Book Movies - Creator Favorites


Thanks to Vaneta over at Newsarama for her well timed column on comic book movies. In it she asks several creators what their favorite comic book movies are. Since I just did a comic book movies post the other day, I thought I'd blog about her column too as a follow-up. Below is the brief summary of her total column - I took out all kinds of comments from the creators. Click the link above to read the complete story.

  • Ron Garney (Amazing Spider-Man): favorite non-superhero but comic-related movies would be Road to Perdition. Superhero related? I'd have to say Spider-Man.
  • Keith Giffen (Annihilation: Conquest – Starlord, Countdown): the first TMNT movie the best comic to screen translation... Favorite? I'm going to have to go with Ghost World.
  • Brad Walker (Action Comics): Spidey 2.
  • Eric Wight (My Dead Girlfriend): The Rocketeer
  • Eric Powell (The Goon, Action Comics): The Incredibles.
  • Leonard Kirk (Agents of Atlas, Marvel Adventures: Avengers): Superman
  • Jason Hall (Clone Wars Adventures, Justice League Unlimited, The Hellboy Companion): Superman
  • Tony Moore (The Exterminators, Fear Agent): Ghost World
  • Rafael Albuquerque (Blue Beetle): Superman
  • Tony Daniel (The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive): Batman Begins
That's a lot of votes for the original Superman movie. A few for Ghost World too - so I'm going to have to track that one down and rent it because I'd not heard of it before my other best comic book movies post.

No comments: