Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Marvel November Solicits - my opinions

I gave my opinions on DC's solicitations for November, so I figured I'd do the same for Marvel, as they just recently came online.

Let me say again, and the same went for DC - TOO MANY MINI-SERIES!! Soon I will not have room on my comic shelves to display full fronts of the newest issues. Marvel had, upon a quick count, 35 mini-series and one-shot comics in their solicits for November. Of these, 4 were Annuals, 4 were the final issue of a mini-series and 8 were the #1 issues for mini-series, the rest were middle issues of mini-series and other one-shot stuff that weren't annuals.

How about this idea publishers - lets not have more mini-series starting in a month than you have ending. I am seriously running out of shelf space!

Unlike DC, Marvel does not put the release dates on this part of their solicitation - it comes in the Previews magazine, listed out week by week, on it's own page.

Dark Tower Hard Cover is in this one - another book that should be very popular for people buying for themselves as well as a holiday gift.

I don't get WHAT they're trying to do with this Ultimate line and the new "They're all linked" phrase in the Ultimate Origins #1 solicitation

How does a comic that hasn't even been around for a year's worth of issues (Avengers Initiative) get an annual?

House of M - wasn't that a couple of years ago? We're really going to rehash that? And now they're calling it an alternate reality, even though JQ had said it was REAL reality, not an alternate one.

Why are hard cover trades called "Premiere?" Are they suddenly better than other hard covers? Why not just call them hard covers?

What looks good to me: MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: TREASURE ISLAND #6 (of 6); CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE CHOSEN #4 (of 6); CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 (of 5); ANITA BLAKE, VAMPIRE HUNTER: GUILTY PLEASURES #9; IMMORTAL IRON FIST #11; FRANKLIN RICHARDS: FALL FOOTBALL FIASCO!; PENANCE: RELENTLESS #3 (of 5); SUB-MARINER #6 (of 6); THOR #5; X-FACTOR #25; NEW AVENGERS VOL. 6: REVOLUTION TPB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even look at solits anymore. Just give me my normal trades and i'll be fine.

Umm also for Image's newest solications i totaly want "the Girls" all-in-one volume. and uhhh i sorta want the PvP big HC but i'm not sure yet if i want to spend the money.