Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday Humbugs


Since there isn't much going on in comic news these next few days, I thought I'd share a couple of things.

The first picture to the right is what it looks like outside now - I'm dreaming of a black Christmas?? We had nice, white snow for most of the month and now it just got warm, so the dirt is sticking to the white stuff and making it all look nasty.


In the local news this morning we see a police officer using his radar gun to clock the speed of sledders. According to the article, there is a movement to have kids wear helmets when sledding. Farm & Fleet had helmets displayed in the store next to the sleds. For those of us over the age of 25, how did we even survive without all of these warnings to keep the strings from drapes away from us and keep us in car seats until we were over 48 inches tall or riding bikes without helmets? We should all be dead! The world is dangerous!! I hit my head sledding a few times and I'm here to talk about it - and even graduated college with a solid B average, so it didn't make me a total idiot or anything.

Tomorrow I'll try to find some holiday cheer to offset my humbugs.

No comments: