Monday, September 08, 2008

Doctor Who: The Forgotten


Today on Lying in the Gutters Rich says that the new Doctor Who comic series, Doctor Who: The Forgotten, might be the best Doctor Who comic book series ever written. While I don't know about that since I've not read the older series, I can say that it is VERY good.

Gone is that manga style art we had in the first series that IDW published. We now have Y the Last Man artist Pia Guerra drawing. That makes for a much more realistic art style, which I definitely liked better. You can see more pages from the first issue and read more about Guerra by heading over to this CBR column.

It is being writen by Tony Lee, who is going to give us stories of all the previous Doctors with flashbacks while telling the story in the present with the current, tenth Doctor. You can read more about the story, although Lee doesn't give much away, by headding over to this CBR column. Lee writes this well, incorporating fun and mystery, making the Doctor feel very much like Tennant does on the show, and leaving things unsolved making me want the next issue.

If you haven't picked this up, you should, Doctor Who fans♠. We don't have many copies left at Neptune, and I believe that issues are in short supply elsewhere as well, so the longer you wait the harder it will be to find this, although I am sure it will be produced in graphic novel form as well, and probably read great that way too.

1 comment:

Sea-of-Green said...

If Guerra is drawing it now, then I'll HAVE to check it out. Thanks for the tip! :-)