Friday, May 22, 2009

The Visitors Return!


And by visitors I mean the V. Those of you who, like me, grew up in the 80's, should know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Those humanoid aliens who arrived from another planet to help earth, we thought, but who actually looked like lizards and ate humans.

ABC has ordered V: The Series for their 2009-2010 TV lineup. It's a remake of the original 1980's series. Here's a promo trailer that gives a glimpse into the series. It looks intense and dark. If they do it right it could be a great series.




The cast has some more well known actors too: The new series boasts an all-star cast including Lost’s Elizabeth Mitchell (aka Juliet), Joel Gretsch (The 4400 / Minority Report / Push), Scott Wolf (Double Dragon / White Squall / Party of Five), Morena Baccarin (Firefly / Serenity / Stargate SG-1) and lan Tudyk (Firefly).

The series is written by Scott Peters, who also wrote The 4400, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Outer Limits and Jericho. He obviously does have a sci-fi writing background and should be able to handle creating a new V series.

As a kid I was a HUGE fan of the show, even forcing my sister to dress up as a V for Halloween one year and creating her costume myself. I'm looking forward to checking this out and I hope it's an awesome series! And who knows, there might just be a comic book for it too, since TV shows like Eureka and Fringe and Battlestar Galactica have comics.

For more details and pictures check out the Sci-Fi Scoop web site.

No comments: