Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What you've Been Waiting For

Welcome fair readers and fans of What You've Been Waiting For - my weekly post on what comics have taken longer than 7 weeks between issues. Some are late, some not, but either way, you've been waiting.

On this holiday installment there weren't too many comics to report. That's right - it's a holiday week, so new comics arrive on Thursday, July 5th. Don't go to your local comic shop for new comics on Wednesday because they won't have any new comics yet (and might not even be open).

May 9th was my 7-week cutoff date. So, just making this week's cutoff are Y The Last Man #57 (DC/Vertigo) and Ultimate Power #6 (Marvel).

Runaways #27 (Marvel) and City of Others #3 (Dark Horse) both had their previous issues come out about two months ago, on May 2nd. Hmmm... Joss Whedon is writing Runaways right now. Runaways seems to be running late. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Really Late (All-Star) Superman #8 (DC) prior issue came out almost three months ago now, back on April 11th. Originally I thought that these All-Star titles were supposed to be every other month - but at least it's doing better than All-Star Batman's annual release schedule. Like I said, Really Late.

Now - while this is on-time based on reorders, Who Wants to Be a Superhero: Feedback is, by far, the longest wait on the new book list. We ordered it in August 2006, and the date in the Previews catalog for release was October 4, 2006. It was delayed, delayed, and finally cancelled and resolicited a couple of months ago. I talked about it here, and here. Now I was originally told by Dark Horse's rep that it was probably going to go on sale about the time that the show was on, and that they'd promote the comic with the show - which would make sense. But NO! The show isn't on until the end of the month, but the comic is coming out now. I don't know who was in charge of this whole thing, but it's pretty close to a disaster in my opinion.

What I'm reading this week:
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #8 (yeah, even if it's late, it's still fun)
ASTOUNDING WOLF-MAN #2
BLACK CANARY #1 (OF 4)
BLACK DIAMOND #2 (OF 6)
COUNTDOWN 43
DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #6 (OF 7)
DETECTIVE COMICS #834
DYNAMO 5 #5
INTO THE DUST #1 a new take on the Wizard of Oz story.
FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA IRON MAN (I can't miss the funeral)
NEW WARRIORS #2
RUNAWAYS #27 (I'm so far behind I really should take it off the list and wait for the trade)
THOR #1
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY #8


Graphic Novels I want to check out:
RED EYE BLACK EYE
SILVERFISH HARD COVER

No comments: